More hints on perfect tables for weddings and parties
If you read our blog last week about how to create the perfect wedding or party table and you want to be sure your table looks the part, and you're dressing it yourself, then here are a few more additional handy hints from our team:
- Cover your table with a crisp white linen tablecloth and a contrasting runner. If you go for a plain cloth then you can change your table decor by using different colour runners. It is more cost effective to do this and it also means you achieve a classic, stylish look.
- Lay your placemats and put the main course knife and fork either side of each mat, then lay the starter cutlery outside this.
- Pop the dessert spoon above the fork with its handle to the right.
- Water glasses should be place above the knives with wine glasses above and to the right. Champagne flutes should be placed to the left.
- Arrange fresh spring flowers as a centrepiece and add handwritten place cards for a personal touch.
- Think about other items that you might like to use to dress the table like dried petals, vintage items or individual gifts. Making your own gifts is very fashionable at the moment too.
- Place napkins on the side of the fork. If you're good at embroidery or know someone who is, you could personalise linen napkins with your guests' initials.
We provide the perfect setting for a country-style wedding or party with lovely backdrops for photos. The inn is 18th century and is set in a pretty cottage garden with a huge weeping willow and sweet peas and roses in the summer. We're also a good venue for other celebrations as we have plenty of space and 16 rooms for guests to stay in so you can even book us out completely and have a bit of a house party if you wish.
We create menus that let the quality of our local produce shine through, we only use free range meat, we source produce from as nearby as possible and our own bees work hard to make us honey
We offer a beautiful venue away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. It's perfect for a simple, yet sophisticated wedding or party in the beautiful, quintessentially English setting.
Each event is tailored to the wishes of the customer, not an anonymous package. Nothing is ever too much trouble.
We do not have a licence to marry, but can hold a blessing or humanist ceremony or we can just cater for a wedding breakfast or reception, whether a bijou affair or something a bit grander.
For further details, please call us today on 01278 422926.